Saturday, February 20, 2016

Jalapeno Dip

This is my latest obsession

I didn't think I would like it
when the waitress at Chuy's put it on our table

but I was hooked!

I decided to try to make a healthier version of it
This can be used as a salad dressing, dip
I even added some to tunafish to give it a zip

1 1/3 C Fage 0% Greek yogurt
1/3 C Buttermilk
jalapeno (chopped in a can ) to taste - I start w 1/2 tsp
4 oz can diced green chiles
1/2 bunch cilantro chopped or more to taste
1 one oz pkg Ranch Dressing Mix or 1 Tbsp of make your own*
                                                                            


Add all ingredients to a blender and give it a whirl 






It will be runny at first but will firm up
after cooled

Calories-307 w pkg mix  - 11.3 calories per Tbsp
240 w home made  8 calories per Tbsp





*Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix
Yield: 3 Tablespoons (about 2 packets)

2 Tbs. dried parsley 
2 tsp. dried dill  
1 tsp. garlic powder 
1 tsp. onion powder 
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. dried chives
Small pinch of salt
Mix all together and store in an airtight container for up to 2 months


Total 25 calories



No comments:

Post a Comment