Friday, November 26, 2010

Just Wash it!

I know a lot of you have done these
but this my first attempt
and honestly
what a great inexpensive and quick
Christmas gift

Get your average washers
you can either buy them by the bag
or go to your local hardware and get various sizes






Lightly sand the metal
pick out paper and cut out the circle

modpodge the paper to the washer
allow to dry

trim and cut out the center

I took my dremel to the edges
if you don't have on use a piece
of sandpaper and lightly sand

apply this glossy accents


let dry





and add a cord
I cut it 21 inch long
can add a bead
you can either fold it in half
and slip it threw it add a bead
this one is reversible






or not







I did both sides
 on the following necklace
this one I used one 
of the plastic washers
so it can be reversed


I did a twist this one
it can be
reversed so 
there are many options
from one necklace
The white side
actually has a pale yellow 
design 

All Black



All white


White sm/ Black lg



White sm/ Black Lg



Be warned this is HIGHLY addictive!!!

After I had done the cutting out and 
sanding m hsb 
taught me a trick
you take a ball peen hammer
and tap it along the edge
and it will cut the paper
evenly giving it a nice edge














use the round edge for the center
















Made for You Mon











21 comments:

  1. These turned out great. I bought a bunch of washers to stamp w/ metal but got frustrated that I'd get almost through the letters and mess up! So I love the idea of covering them and will get them out and play w/ them. I LOVE the ones linked up w/ chain. Very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. I am amazed.. I love these and so will my daughter and all her friends..
    Thank you so much for this beautiful craft..

    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love that! I think I am going to make a trip out today to get that embellishment glue stuff.. My nieces would love these...maybe even making these would be fun for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really cute! I have never seen this before.Thanks for the hammer trick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! I love it and Thank You for sharing this, I will def have to try it! :) Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, how neat! i love the one with three, it's somehow fancier. great job! stopping over from met monday.

    www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE these. I have a couple craft dates planned for this week and this will have to go on our agenda. I really like that they are so quick - they will make great Christmas gifts for all the ladies in the family

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been making a few of these as well! Don't ya just love cheap washers!?! I'm not clear on the hammer thing - can you explain that a bit more?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing. I've been looking for a tutorial on making this and I'm happy I found yours!

    www.uvinyl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't seen this idea--they look amazing. Great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute! I can really understand how this could become an addiction;-) They would make nice Christmas tree ornaments and look nice on a package also. I like the book pages the best. Great job and very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea! Think I'm going to have to try it this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've made these before, but never thought to make them reversible. Genius! I'm featuring them over at Creations by Kara today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool...I made some really neat earrings using washers in the natural state...no paper. I like this idea also, looking like I need to get busy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are beautiful! Love the different sizes. Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this template! I would have never thought I could add fabric to a washer but that is seriously gorgeous! I have been looking for new craft ideas to showcase on CraftSpy.com, I would love if you checked it out and posted this template there. It’s a free show case for craft bloggers to post their templates. I’m just getting started so I would LOVE any feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's been a while since this posted but I am curious, when using the hammer to cut the outside edge, are you holding the washer under the paper beyond the edge of the table and then striking? It is a bit difficult to see that in the pictures. Maybe my washers are to flat because I'm not getting a cut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you using a ball peen hammer - if so use the ball end of it and tap at an angle not straight down

      Delete
  18. When you use ribbon or leather cord are you simply nodding it to tie off the necklace, or are you using some sort of metal clasps at the end of it? I've been playing with doing these as well and they're awesome. Also was wondering if you are glossy accents dried hard. The product I'm using seems to be soft and easily dimpled. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually just knot the ends of the cord and apply either fray ck or white glue if it is a ribbon that might fray. Yes Glossy Accents dries hard - after apply gently tap it so that any air bubbles rise to the top - while wet pop w tooth pick and that should stop any dimpling

      Delete