Sunday, October 4, 2009

Slow Cooked Paprika Chicken

Please join Debbie at Dining with Debbie for Crockpot Wednesday


and Tickle My Tummy with Lisa
and Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
I don't remember where I got this recipe - its about 10 years old. It was great when the kids were young because it is a stick to your ribs kind of meal. Perfect for the Fall and Winter - especially on those cold windy days....







Slow-Cooked Paprika Chicken with Mashed Potatoes



1- 1/4 lb, boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
16oz pkg frozen sliced carrots
1 medium onion, halved, sliced
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
3 tsp paprika
½ tsp peppered seasoned salt
1 C frozen Sweet Peas, thawed
2 ( 10 -3/4-0z,) can condensed cream of chicken soup
½ C milk
½ C sour cream with chives
4 C prepared mashed potatoes
Cooked real bacon pieces, if desired

In 31/2 or 4-quart slow cooker, combine chicken carrots, onion, bell pepper, paprika, seasoned salt and soup; mix well. Cover; cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours. About 10 minutes before serving, stir thawed peas and sour cream into chicken mixture. Cover; cook an additional 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve chicken mixture with mashed potatoes; sprinkle with bacon.

10 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. Wish it was in my crock pot right now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like another winner!! Yeah!! Two great recipes, today! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy! I've never made this before -- looks splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, I really like paprika and have a lot of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet this is really good. Thanks for sharing it on Crock Pot Wednesday. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so good. I am excited to try this recipe, for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMMY!!! sounds wonderful. I like the idea of serving it over mashed potatoes. Geri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easy to do crock pot family meal. It was awesome meal. I used fresh carrots instead of frozen. I will use again and again. Thank you Jo.

    ReplyDelete